La TeknoRC distribuita in Italia da Italtrading presenta l nuovo Truggy a scoppio. Tra le novità salienti la possibilità di spostare il motore avanti o indietro con un offset di 18mm
TKR5400 – NT48 1/8th Scale Nitro 4WD Competition Truggy Kit
Tekno RC is making waves in the 1/8th nitro scene. The NB48 has caught a lot of people off guard and we’re ready to follow it up with the all new NT48 1/8th Scale Nitro 4WD Competition Truggy Kit.
So now we are very excited to introduce the NT48, a completely new 1/8th Nitro Truggy. Built on the hot-selling EB48 and SCT410 platform, it shares many parts already available around the world. But the real fun begins when you start to notice the details and optimizations we put into the vehicle. Like its electric counterpart, the ET48, this is not a conversion – it’s a ground up nitro truggy design.
Most of the current truggies on the market have flip-floppy arms and inadequate shock absorbers coupled to undersized shock towers. We set out to change all that with a set of truggy arms that are stiffer and beefier than any others. This makes the suspension much more efficient and results in higher corner speed and a noticeable increase in overall steering and response. Another obvious benefit is the ultimate durability of the arms. They are nearly indestructible.
A new set of rear shocks were needed to handle the rigors of truggy racing. Measuring in at 137mm long, they provide excellent bump handling and jump landing. Our current 122mm shocks, standard on the rear of our EB48/NB48/SCT410, are now outfitted to the front of this awesome truggy. CNC machined 8 x 1.3mm pistons are standard, giving you an excellent blend of low speed and high speed damping. New, truggy specific springs and sway bars finish off the damping package.
The last piece of the truggy puzzle were the shock towers. Truggies need more suspension travel than buggies, both up and down. To ensure that any racer could tune in their suspension to any track condition, we supplied the ET48 with more droop than any other truggy. At the same time, there is an abundance of up-travel to make sure the shocks don’t bottom before the chassis does on hard landings or super rough conditions. The front tower stands tall and is a whopping 6mm thick full CNC 7075 gun metal anodized aluminum masterpiece. The rear is 5mm thick and equally impressive. Let’s face it, truggies drive hard and this truggy will stand up to the abuse.
The NT48 builds on the success of the NB48. After computer analysis of dozens of different layouts it became clear that a lot of the current vehicles on the market are not optimized. Some are too heavy on the right side (rear diff output is offset too far). Others are more balanced but the engine and weight distribution aren’t as centralized (rear diff output is not offset enough), producing slower steering response in ‘U’ and ‘S’ sections.
We achieved ideal side-to-side weight by creating an all new mid-offset rear bulkhead and ring gear. It moves the engine closer to the center without overloading the right side. It also minimizes drive angles and wear on the center dog bones. The drivetrain is as free as can be without sacrificing chassis layout and weight balance on the very narrow 4mm 7075 CNC hard anodized aluminum chassis.
The next question was, “do we put the weight forward or back?” How about both? The engine can be mounted in two positions, a front position and an 18mm offset rear position. Under most conditions, the motor forward produces the fastest cornering and subsequent lap times. In very bumpy or very loose conditions testing shows the rear engine position can be easier to drive although not as fast.
The last challenge with weight distribution is how low you can place it. Following a design cue from the EB48 and ET48, we created the radio tray and the right mudguard as one piece. This allowed the RX battery to essentially sit on the chassis producing the lowest CG possible. The RX sits right behind the battery and the throttle servo is mounted behind the RX. Wiring is clean and easy with almost no exposed wires. Finishing off the radio tray are integrated transponder, switch, and antenna mounts. The entire radio tray/mud guard can be removed with only 6 screws making cleaning your new nitro ride an easy task.
The throttle and brake linkage setups were approached with precision and consistency in mind. The throttle is pulled by a CNC machined assembly riding on ball bearings. Yes, it costs more to produce, but we thought a system so critical to the performance of a nitro vehicle should be perfect.
The brakes were designed to be simple and effective. They are side-mounted on the center differential assembly and brake bias adjustments are a simple turn of the connecting turnbuckle. After testing various disc and brake pad material combinations, it was abundantly clear that a steel disc with semi-metallic brake pads is the best setup. Again, it costs more to produce, but how lame are brakes that are inconsistent and fade on the 3rd lap of your main event?
A new 4 shoe clutch and clutch bell transmit power smoothly and efficiently. Access to the clutch shoes and springs are simple with no special tools required other than a hex driver. Large diameter inner and outer bearings means more time in between rebuilds and less bearing failure. The clutch bells are also compatible with most other 4 shoe clutch systems.
The fuel tank is a typical clunk style tank, but with some additional features to keep things running well and running clean. Raised sides on the outside of the tank help keep fuel off the chassis. There is also an overflow fuel outlet that drains through the bottom of the chassis. We spent a lot of time choosing the right spring and seal for the tank. The result is a tank that runs virtually the same from fuel fill up to pit stop.
The steering and suspension are direct carryovers from the ET48. Bulletproof suspension arms, silky smooth 16mm bore shocks, precision steering, and a ton of adjustments will keep you headed in the right direction. The differentials are light and extremely durable. They will provide consistent leak-free performance tank after tank.
We also decided to include a host of performance parts that are usually options on most other cars. These include lightened aluminum pivot balls, steering posts, lightened gears and outdrives throughout, and CNC tapered pistons. Dry weight is roughly 4040 grams depending on equipment installed. A new style nitro specific truggy body was designed to hug the mud guards and protect from mud and dirt.
When you back all of this up with Tekno RC’s unparalleled customer service and community interaction, you have yourself one of the most competitive and innovative truggies available. The NT48 should be available in early 2014 and will be competitively priced with other top quality truggies on the market.
- Optimized Narrow Chassis Layout with Adjustable Weight Distribution and Flex Characteristics
- Engine Can be Mounted in Forward or Rearward Position (18mm offset)
- 4mm CNC Machined Hard Anodized Lightened 7075 Aluminum Chassis
- Integrated Radio Tray/Mud Guard for Unmatched COG, Lightness, and Durability
- Class leading front and rear clearance (short chassis overhang) provides better bump handling and jump landing
- Spacious, enclosed, easy access radio box with integrated transponder mount
- Adjustable chassis brace system for fine tuning flex with center, and rear braces
Differentials and Drivetrain:
- Straight Cut CNC machined hardened steel ring and pinion gears
- Innovative Rear Offset Differential Provides Minimal Drive Angles and Reduced Wear
- Lightened Drivetrain Components Throughout – Standard
- 3 Fluid Filled Adjustable Lightweight Differentials
- Less Rotating Mass = Better Acceleration
- CV Driveshafts with Captured Pins on all 4 Wheels
- 16mm Bore CNC Machined Hard Anodized Threaded Aluminum Shock Bodies
- CNC Aluminum Shock Caps, Preload Adjusters, and Cartridge Caps
- CNC Machined 8 x 1.3mm Tapered Pistons
- 6mm front, 5mm rear CNC Machined 7075 Aluminum Shock Towers
- Fully Adjustable Long Travel Suspension Geometry Maximizes Stability and Traction While Providing Superior Cornering and On-Power Steering
- 4mm Hardened Steel Polished Shock Shafts
- Triple Guide Design for reduced Shaft Deflection
- Optional spring rates and spring kits are available
Suspension and Steering:
- 7075 Aluminum Adjustable Hinge Pin Braces
- Adjustable length rear arms to suit any track condition
- Adjustable front arm sweep and angle to make the car more aggressive (swept back), or easier to drive (swept forward)
- Front and rear arms can be used on either side, rear hubs can be used on either side – less parts in your toolbox
- ‘Narrow pivot’ steering posts provide ‘0 bump’ geometry without almost 0 steering slop
- 4mm inner, 3.5mm outer hinge pins, polished for smooth action
- Adjustable Ackerman and bump-steer (bump in, 0 bump, bump out)
- Ball Bearing Steering System Virtually Eliminates Slop
- LCG rod ends and lightweight turnbuckles are lowered by 5mm
- Adjustable steering stops for precise steering travel setting
Brakes, Clutch, Fuel Tank:
- Steel Disc Brakes with Semi-Metallic Brake Pads are Consistent and Fade-Free
- Ball Bearing Throttle Linkage Assembly for Smooth and Quick Operation
- “Clunk” Style Fuel Tank with Integrated Spill Guard and Outlet
- Adjustable 4-Shoe Clutch System (Compatible with Standard 4-Shoe Clutches)
- Lightened Pivot Balls, Steering Posts, and Wheel Hubs – Standard
- Lightweight easily adjustable wing mount system
- High downforce wing included
- Easily adjust anti-squat, rear toe, front arm angle, front arm sweep, roll center, toe, camber, wheelbase, rear arm length, Ackerman, bump steer, suspension geometry out of the box
- Shares Many Parts with Our Acclaimed EB48, NB48, ET48, and SCT410 = Less Spare Parts in Your Box
- All metric hex hardware
- Length: 595mm
- Wheelbase: 375-385mm
- Width: 416-420mm
- Dry Weight: 4040g* (9.1lb) (*your weight may vary depending on equipment used)
- Diff Ratio: F/R – 9/40t, Center – 48t
- Clutch: 4-shoe adjustable with 7075 aluminum shoes
- Clutch Bell: 13t w/ 5x13x4mm inner, 5x10x4mm outer bearing
- Brakes: Steel discs with semi-metallic pads, side mounted
- Fuel Tank: 150cc, clunk
Needed to complete:
- 2/3 channel radio/transmitter
- .21-.28 cu/in nitro engine and pipe
- High torque/speed steering and throttle servos
- Hump style RX battery pack
- Fuel and fuel bottle
- Starter box and glow ignitor
- 1/8th scale buggy tires, inserts, wheels & CA glue
- Paint for body
- Hex tools (1.5, 2.0, 2.5mm), pliers, other tools
- 4mm and 5mm turnbuckle wrenches
- 4mm reamer